One day when we were out walking around our complex, Alyssa spotted a little girl playing with a pink rubber ball (ya know- those really soft/light ones). She immediately started walking straight toward the little girl and the ball. Without hesitation, Alyssa picked up the ball and started throwing it and kicking it back and forth with this little girl. Luckily the little girl was very kind to share. After a while of playing, it was time to go back inside and Alyssa left kicking and screaming, arching her back- the whole tantrum. So I decided it would be a good investment of one of our dollars (or a few of them) to get Alyssa some entertainment! She's finally reached the age where she actually gets things (well some things) and is starting to play more and be entertained by different things. So we made a trip to Wal-Mart and got the following:
Her very own pink ball-

Pink Play-doh- She thinks this stuff is VERY fun... And she hasn't really even tried to eat it!

Sidewalk Chalk (we've yet to use this- as we need to find some sidewalk we can actually draw on first)
and of course- BUBBLES!
All pictures from google images. Thank you google.
We were so lucky to be at the store just in time as they were putting out EASTER CANDY! I've been anticipating Starburst Jellybeans and Sweet-Tart Jelly Beans coming for Easter for a LONG time. So of course we had to get jelly beans for some fun Easter decorated bowls my mom gave us a couple years ago. And you can't set out a bowl of jelly beans without another cute decoration next to it right?? So where else would you go other than HOBBY LOBBY!? If you have never been to Hobby Lobby- go get in your car right now and drive to one. Seriously! It is the greatest craft store EVER. I got two very cute Easter decorations for about $10!! You can't beat that! So here they are...
The Starburst Jelly Beans and Sweet-Tart Jelly Beans are long gone... these are Sour Patch Jelly Beans... :)
We're also loving this month of March because of all the VISITORS we've had/are having! On the very first day of the month we got to see Joseph's brother David! He had to make a quick trip down to Arizona (sadly, without the rest of the fam.) but we loved having him come! We picked him up at the airport late at night and took him to the Fullers'. We spent a while visiting and headed home to bed. He came over in the morning to see our apartment and enjoy breakfast with us! (I've been meaning to do a post about the recipes I've tried lately- so I'll be posting the one we had with David for breakfast too- YUM!) It was a VERY short visit, but again, we'll take ANY chance we get to see family- no matter how long or short. We're especially excited for May when he AND Aleasha, Caleb, and Livvy can come too! :)
We also get to have a few more visitors in 3 DAYS!!! My mom, dad, and brother Brad are coming to visit! We get to go to the sealing of some family friends in Mesa and then enjoy some extra time with them since it's Brad's Spring Break! We have lots of fun things planned to show them around Arizona! I'll be posting all about it, so stay tuned!
Happy Spring Yall!! (And if you don't quite feel like it's spring yet- all you Utahans...- remember you're always welcome to come visit!!) :)
2 comments:
What a cute post. I love the pink ball especially, and I still love to get out the sidewalk chalk. Arizona sounds lovely this time of year. With as much as I love the snow, I loathe the gray days of winter in Utah. The white snow and the crystal blue days are beautiful and I love them. Not long ago, Bruce and I went to Arizona on a business trip. Do you know what I noticed? There are an abundance of birds in Arizona. I love birds and the tweets they make. It seemed like they were everywhere. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Do you know what you're having yet? It sounds like you and your family are all settled in now. Do you plan on staying in Arizona?
Jen has updated her blog. Check out THE STAGGE FAMILY blog.
Love you all.
Aunt Carol
I wish we were coming sooner! Hopefully we will come permanently:). Caleb says he wants to play Alyssa in basketball, but he won't touch the pink ball. Love the Hobby Lobby additions, I need to get me some of those to make it feel like spring here. Have fun with your family this weekend!
Post a Comment