Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun-filled Friday!

Today was a WONDERFUL day! Alyssa and I started the morning by going to the Fire Station with a play group to have a "tour". We don't attend this play group on a weekly basis, but a friend who put it together invited us on this particular adventure and it was a blast! I was worried Alyssa would be too young to be interested, but she loved it!

They started out our "tour" by letting the kids try on some equipment. This little guy was lovin' it.
Then they showed us the "Jaws of Life" and a very powerful saw they use to get people out of car accidents, burning houses/buildings, etc.
Alyssa didn't make it up on top of the fire truck like the other kids, but she thought the tires were pretty cool!

She was content to just stand by the stairs and watch the other kids go up.
After plenty of tire time with the truck, she moved on to something a little more interesting... the firemen's clothes!
I quickly steered her back towards the truck and she started plotting her escape out the big garage door...
The firefighters actually got a call while we were there so they all had to leave except for one, so at the end we got a picture of all the kids with him and the truck. You can see how excited Alyssa is to be in the picture. :)
After the fire station, we headed to a park and played in the sand, ate gold fish, drank juice boxes, and wore ourselves out. It was a GREAT morning! Thanks Jordan!

When we got home, we went to the grocery store to get fun food for when my family came- mostly just for the picnic we were going to have the next day! The deal was I do the shopping, they do the paying. :) Done. There were, however, specific instructions to "get what dad would get- FUN things". I called my mom when we got home b/c I was completely worried that I had spent too much money because I am NOT used to shopping for 5 people and buying the "fun" things. She just laughed and told me it was ok and that that's what happens when you have more people to feed. :) I think it was one of her moments as a mother where she got to sit back, smile, and say, "She gets it!" :)

Alyssa and I finally finished grocery shopping and sat down to have some lunch. I realized when I looked at the clock at 1:15 that Alyssa hadn't had a nap yet! So in the middle of eating her mac 'n cheese- this is what happened- she started fading... mid-eating!


And then she was asleep!

She was out for a few hours, which allowed me to finish up the last few things I had to clean up. By the time Alyssa woke up, we drove to the rental car place with Christine, picked up the rental car, headed back home, got dinner ready and headed to pick up Joseph. We came home, ate dinner really fast, and then drove to the airport to pick up my fam.! We couldn't all fit in our car so they didn't even get to see Alyssa and Joseph until we got home. My family was so excited to see Alyssa and she was just as excited to see them- especially my mom! Alyssa is known for being EXTREMELY clingy to me (and that's an understatement). She is a mommy's girl through and through. She never goes to anyone else by choice, but that changed tonight! My mom walked over to her and Joseph and she reached for my mom and gave her the biggest hug! It was SO cute! She wrapped her little arms around her neck and just patted her. :) My mom was in heaven- and so was Alyssa. She didn't give my dad or Brad the same hug right away, but she offered a few little pats and smiles. She wasn't AS sure about them as she was my mom b/c she sees my mom on Skype and talks to her a LOT on the phone.

We all enjoyed skotcharoos and watching Alyssa for a little while before bed. Alyssa had fun tickling Grandpa right before bed and walking on all of the cushions and blankets covering the living room floor.
We are so excited to have them here and can't wait for the fun week ahead of us!

2 comments:

jenn + michael said...

I love the sleeping in the high chair pictures! They are so great!

Melissa Tiek said...

I love Alyssa's jelly sandals...I just bought Evie some too. :)