She is also the BEST snuggler in the whole wide world. She was not a cuddly newborn, so I thought for sure I wouldn't have a snuggley toddler, but she LOVES to snuggle. She gives me big hugs where she wraps her arms around my neck and pats me with her hands. We snuggle before every nap (she's down to just one per day now!- but it's still great because it's usually about 3 hours!) :), and we snuggle every night before she goes to bed. That's how she falls asleep! And I love it. I wouldn't trade that time for anything. So yes it'd be nice if I could just set her in a crib and she could fall asleep- but I'm too much of a softy and I love the snuggles so it works for now. :)
ANYWAY- on to the pictures! Part of this whole "growing up" thing has been encouraged by a new carseat! We just got it a few weeks ago. I LOVED her infant seat and she was still under the weight limit and had just BARELY gone over the height limit (by half an inch). I LOVED carrying her into stores ASLEEP or wherever we needed to go. It's made sleeping in the car and transitions into the house/stores, etc. more difficult- but she loves facing forward and seeing everything around her now! She definately knows she's a big girl. :) (Don't mind her binkie... we'll get a picture of her smiling without it one of these days.)
Today was a little bit different, however. I teach piano lessons a few afternoons a week. I love it! Alyssa was not so sure about it at first, but she's definately gotten used to it over the last few months and I think she enjoys having kids come over. So some days she's really good and totally entertains herself, and some days are, well, not so good. Today was one of those days. She was really fussy, so of course I try to find anything to entertain her. This morning she'd been playing with leftover Valentine's Day candy hearts- carefully taking them out one at a time (just a few) and then putting them back in the jar. Well today, while she was sitting just inches away from me- I looked over to find a pile of candy hearts on the floor, and a few cinnamon hearts (big red, chewy ones covered in sugar) in the jar. At least she knows how to sort things right? :) I let her continue to play with them for the last 15 minutes as it was not worth the screaming and tantrum she'd throw if I took them away. This is how it ended up. :)
Gotta love these days. :)
3 comments:
Can we play again before Alyssa is a grown up?
I KNEW IT!!! She's a genius! Look at her reading a book at just 14 months old! Too cute! Seriously, though, it is evident to me that y'all read to her on a regular basis or she wouldn't be sitting down to look at a book in her spare time. What a precious little girl! I love you, Alyssa!!! Gramz, Grandpa and Uncle Brad will be there to see you in 10 days! SO............FUN!!!
She is SO CUTE Chelsie! I miss the infant carseat too, but the big one is way more fun! Btw, did I ever congratulate you on your pregnancy?!! If not, YAYAYAYAY!!!!
Post a Comment