Tuesday, July 19, 2011

On the countdown!

I sent this pic. to my little (well not really little- but younger) brother the other day and said, "Feel bad for my belly. " It's SO LOW! So I am 35 weeks along now! I feel like I should be 40 weeks along though. This little miss moves a TON- I even know when she's going to "wake up" and start moving around- it's so crazy- and she is sitting SOOOOOO LOW. I told a friend today that I felt like she was just going to slip out any time now. I couldn't even cross my legs earlier because my belly feels like it's almost sitting in my lap. I do not remember it being this way with Alyssa! haha

ANYWAY... the good news is my doc. appointment last week was FABULOUS. I went in with the intention of finding out what my doctor would do if I went past my due date and his feelings on being induced, etc. (Probably should've found that out at the first appointment, but oh well.) So we listened to the heartbeat, then he asked when Alyssa came- early? late? Nope- right smack on her due date! I then added, "But I hope this one comes early because my husband starts an evening MBA program on the 17th." (Due date is the 23rd.) The doctor's reply was, "Well I can induce you a week early- that's not a problem." WHAT?? SERIOUSLY? I didn't even have to ask or beg or persuade you? You just OFFERED that?! I was SO excited!!!

SO I know it all depends on what kind of progress I make over the next couple weeks... but my next appointment is Tuesday and we'll see how far dilated I am and HOPEFULLY set a date to have this baby! (The tentative date the doc. told me was the 16th- exactly one week early!) The peace I could feel just knowing my husband will be driving me to the hospital and be by my side is something I'd really like. :) At first, I was wondering, but is it ok to be induced? What are the risks? etc. BUT then I remembered that I was pretty much induced with Alyssa. I had contractions two minutes apart for a couple hours, but since I wasn't dilating past a 1, they gave me the epidural, doc. broke my water, gave me pitocin, and about 6 hours later she was born! So I know my body responds to the pitocin and I'm not too worried about it.

So there you have it! And here's one of my new favorite pics of my little woman. Her smile is just too sweet. She's going to be such a great Big Sister!!!

2 comments:

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

WAHOO!!!! How exciting! I was induced (5 days early)... and honestly loved it. I was able to go to have everything ready for that Monday morning. I walked into the hospital in no pain and a few hours later had a little baby. Good luck!!!! I'm so excited for you and how it's all working out!

layne said...

ah how exciting!!! Crazy how life can progress so much in a few years, yeah? love you