is the newest member of our ward's nursery and she LOVES IT!!! Who would've thought???!!! For anyone who's ever babysat Alyssa, or seen her when I leave, you know it's bad news. She cries and cries and cries some more and I was certain that's how nursery would be. I hated nursery (from what my mom tells me) and didn't go by myself for a long time. So I've been worrying for a few months now about how Alyssa would react to it and how on earth I would be able to actually go to primary and do singing time, when Joseph was in Elders' Quorum and Alyssa was screaming in nursery and we had a brand new baby?! I just could not see how it was going to work. Joseph kept telling me, "It'll be fine! She'll go to nursery and it'll work out." I didn't believe him and wondered if he'd forgotten who he was talking about. BUT, some inspired primary leaders asked me to start going into nursery in May to do some singing time with the kids. Alyssa came with me, so we were there for the whole first hour of nursery for several weeks. It was the PERFECT intro to nursery for her.
After many weeks of "practicing" nursery, and me being there with her, the first "official" week of nursery came! I stayed the whole first hour of nursery and then had to head to primary. Joseph heard Alyssa start to cry and went to get her. He was teaching the lesson so I wondered how that was supposed to work, but Alyssa fell asleep right away and slept through the whole lesson! It was a little tender mercy! (Sundays are SO hard for naps since church is 1-4, but we're learning to adjust.)
Week 2 was much more successfull! I stayed with her the first 10 minutes, then stood over by the side and did some things for primary. She kept checking to see if I was there, but she was enjoying playing and pushing a little doll around in a stroller. :) I snuck out for the last hour and thanks to a wonderful guy in our ward (who's been in nursery for a few weeks just to help out- but I'm convinced it's for Alyssa- haha) who Alyssa just loves, she was perfectly content to stay the entire time! I went back in for the last 10 minutes to do some singing time and I don't think she really even missed me! I thought it was just too good to be true!
So today was week 3- the plan was to go in, drop her off, sneak out, and see if she could last the whole two hours. She totally did! Joseph and I actually got to sit in Gospel Doctrine together- just the 2 of us- for the first time in a LONG time! It was so nice to be able to pay attention and not have to entertain a little one. Just a few more weeks of that though. :) But at least we won't be trying to entertain 2!!
I do love going in at the end of nursery to do some singing time because I get to see Alyssa "in action" in nursery. I love watching her sit on a little carpet square or on the blanket and do the actions to different songs as we sing. She's my favorite one to watch. (They say teachers aren't supposed to have favorites- but that's hard when you're the mom.) :) I can't believe how grown up she's getting! I just love her more every day! She's my best little buddy and I'm SO grateful I get to spend every day with her. :)
Hurray for nursery!
1 comment:
I wish she was in MY nursery class!I bet she is just too cute for words!!! :) love you !
Post a Comment