Today is our 1 year anniversary!! It's crazy how fast the time has gone! It seems like just yesterday we were setting up for a reception and then driving to the temple, then having an amazingly fun reception and then having an awesome honeymoon and moving into our first apartment!!! I guess time flies when you're having fun! We both feel so blessed to have found each other and to have experienced everything we have in the last year together. It has been amazing and we're so excited for more to come! We celebrated Saturday night by going to The Roof restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake. We got to dress up and it was a ton of fun! Here are a few pictures of the evening... we wish we could have taken some of the food but we thought we'd stand out a little too much. :)
Enjoyin' our SPRITE! :)


To add to the excitement of the day today, Mom sent us a bright bunch of balloons that made our day!! We love you mom! Thanks again!
This first picture was the drive up to Salt Lake...
So, Joseph got a new suit a couple weeks ago, and since the last time he got a suit was before his mission, he's grown a little since then. He was so excited to have them actually cover his shoes. But, he found that they also made them a little snug up top and they sit ABOVE his hips (this is what the boys and I would always make fun of our dad for) :) So while we were in the restaurant, he exaggerated it a little for a wonderful picture...
You can see the amazing view in this one. It was pretty bright so the blinds were down, but you get the idea...
To add to the excitement of the day today, Mom sent us a bright bunch of balloons that made our day!! We love you mom! Thanks again!
Just a quick funny story about something that happened this afternoon.... After one year, my sweet husband knows me very well, and he knows how much I hate being home alone... especially when there are a bunch of men who work for the city working on the sidewalk right outside our house. We had to park on the street like three houses down. I didn't want them to know I was home alone (because I get freaked out- as the Westons well know from previous "caroling" events), because they had seen us both walk in together. So Joseph crawled out the back window (which is barely big enough for him to fit through and covered in gross dust and dirt and stuff from outside) and jumped over the wall in the backyard, into some random person's backyard. So he called me and I asked if he made it ok.... he said the people who's backyard he walked through were sitting on their front porch and saw him run from their backyard, so he said, "Hey I'm your backyard neighbor, just so ya know." He said it was just awkward. Then he said, "And the cement guys saw me get into the car because they were at the corner." I thought "Oh Great!" But I am still alive and Joseph will be home in two hours so I guess it was all worth it. :) As he crawled out the window, he said "Oh the things I do for my wife." :) I have the best husband in the whole world! Happy Anniversay Sweetie! :)
8 comments:
What a FUN anniversary! I'm so happy you got to celebrate on Saturday. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing pictures. Y'all look so happy! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! I love you both! Mom
That is so funny! I remember that caroling event! Luckily I called you or you probably would have died waiting for Joseph. When Daniel read your post he said we should hurry over and carol again. :) We went to the garden room that afternoon too. what are the odds!
Hooray for a year!!! I can't wait until I get to have a 1 year anniversery post:)! Hope everything is well...and I need your address to send you an invitation!!
Happy Anniversary a little late! The time DOES fly by so quickly! (And I love the story about Joseph crawling out the window!!!)
I just found your blog, and I'm so excited! Now I can keep up on what's going on in your lives a little easier! We have a blog too if you want to check it out: www.curtandhollysmith.blogspot.com. Hope things are going well!
(And I will be having a baby shower at the end of July, so look for an invitation coming in the mail!) We miss you guys!
I am so EXCITED for you that you just celebrated your one year! Time really DOES fly when you're having fun with your "hubbs" as I like to call Talon. :) Congrats you guys! Hopefully someday you'll be able to celebrate a 50th and feel oh-so-proud of all you have accomplished together.
P.s. Glad you liked the family photos! You guys were so photogenic. I will get in touch with you about meeting up on campus or somewhere and getting you a cd, ok??
I'm so excited you started a blog! It will be fun to check in on you guys and see what fun things you are up to! You two are so cute & seem perfect for each other! We really need to get together!!! Love ya
Kenz
that is the best story! So funny! Are you guys staying in Utah for Christmas?
BY the way, you look B-E-A-UTIFUL as always, and are your nails in the roof pictures from when I did them??
Post a Comment