A new chapter of my life has begun. I am no longer Newborn Chelsie, or Toddler Chelsie, or Oldest Sister Chelsie, or New to Texas Chelsie, or High School Chelsie, or Freshman at BYU Chelsie, or Liberty Square Chelsie, or Dating Joseph Chelsie, or Engaged Chelsie, or Newly Married Chelsie, or Intern Chelsie, or Teacher Chelsie, or Pregnant Chelsie, or Mom of Alyssa Chelsie... but I am now Arizona-Dwelling, Wife to Worker and MBA student, and Mother of TWO Chelsie. And it's a whole new ball game, my friends! And I LOVE it. I really do. I have my moments- moments of frustration and discouragement... but also moments of joy, excitement, happiness, and love.
It's hard to sometimes get lost in the monotonous day-to-day life events- the chores, the diaper-changing, the "time-outs", the dishes, the garbage, the cleaning, etc. It's so easy to think "If I could just do this..." or "If I could just have that"... "then I'd have it made!" BUT I quickly have a reality check and realize what I DO have and WHO I AM! Today I was just viewing different blogs during naptime and came upon a tutorial of how to create a signature at the end of your blog posts! (Super easy and a fun little touch of personality in a post!)
So just a little background before I explain my thoughts I had while I was creating my signature: Having a new baby means LOTS of things to think about- remembering when they last ate, remembering to change their diaper, trying to keep them happy, thinking about who they are, what they'll look like when they get older, what their little personality will be, etc. One of the things I think about a LOT though is names! Joseph and I both agreed on Alyssa's name- we liked Alyssa and planned on calling her "Aly" sometime in her life- hasn't yet happened- and then a few days before we found out she was a girl, I woke up one morning and told Joseph, "ALYSSA RENEE! That's it! That's what I want the baby's name to be if it's a girl!" Joseph agreed that it was a beautiful name. Renee was his mom's middle name and we definitely wanted to use it. With Kinzley, we both agreed on the name, once again, and decided to use Marie for her middle name (also my middle name). So I used to always think about Alyssa's name and wonder if it was the right name for her and if it would match her little personality, etc. Well, I think it's safe to say Alyssa is Alyssa and I love her to pieces. She just fits her name and it fits her and I'm so glad. (PS- I love when her little cousin, Caleb, calls her "Sa!" It's so cute!)
So now that Kinzley is the new babe, I think about her name a lot. Again, wondering if she'll "fit" her name and what her little personality will be. I told someone when we were deciding to spell it with an s or a z that I felt like the z was kind of like giving her a personality! haha Z is just so... definite. Anyway, it wasn't until today when I was making my little signature and I typed in my name and saw my name in 120 different fonts that I had a little reality check! WOW... Chelsie, Chelsie, Chelsie, Chelsie... over and over and over... "That's me!" I thought. "Hmmm... Yep, that's me!" I almost got a little teary-eyed as I sat in silence and just thought about who I am. I'm not anyone but Chelsie. I won't ever be anyone but Chelsie. So I might as well LOVE it and LIVE it and not wish it away in any way, shape, or form.
I'm grateful to have once been Chelsie Huntsman, and to now be Chelsie Campbell. My maiden name will always be a part of me. It's just who I am. So is Campbell. Those last names shape the first- but the first is ME.
I recently spent 5 weeks with my mom. What a huge blessing. As a wife and mother myself, to then spend 5 weeks with my own mom was such a good experience. It reminded me of my growing-up years and how much her and my dad did to raise me "right". They helped me become who I am today. I told my little brother that I so appreciate him sharing mom with me for such a long time, because even though I have babies of my own, I felt like the baby again- like a child. It reminded me of one of the Mormon Message videos... a perfect recap of who EACH of us is- a Child of God.
So now that I've had a little peace and quiet and time to reflect on who I am, I feel like I can brave life again. This being a mother of two thing is tough, but like my mom told me yesterday, "You're doin' it girl!!" I am. I'm doing it. And oh, how I love it.
Go make yourself a blog signature. Think about who you are. Then watch this...
You won't regret it. I promise.
4 comments:
Chelsie you are wonderful. I love you and appreciate these wise thoughts. I love who you are and I love that I shared a little bit of your life with you years ago. You're doing so well!
I loved this Chels! And Sammy LOVED the video. We watched it 3 times and she didn't move an inch. It sounds like you're doing good! I'm grateful you're always one step ahead of me so I can turn to you for advice and help. Hopefully we'll talk soon! Love you!
this post made me miss you terribly. we definitely need to catch up. Love you to pieces, chels!!!
I haven't read your blog for awhile, but I completely enjoyed reading it today. I wanted to know you were doing well and I got that and so much more!!! You are truly a "beautiful" person.....your thoughts about motherhood and that of the Savior really touched my heart. Anyways, you're awesome! BTW...your girls are so adorable! :). Have a great week!! Love ya.
Post a Comment